Thursday 22 February 2018

Stix2 on create and craft



hi there my crafty friends ... just had my lunch in my craft room and watching create and craft at the same time ... very interesting programme ... don't know if you watched it or can catch up with it on the catch up ... it was 1pm on create and craft on Thursday 22nd February ...  there was a lovely lady on there Michelle who was just giving ideas ... have made a note of them because I will forget otherwise

ink used was distress

ink used was archival


ink used was distress ink

ink used was versafine




First tip ...
these  backgrounds were done with one of her "tips" ... using one of your embossing folders ... just drag an ink pad over the inside of the folder and then put paper inside the folder (I used shiny photo paper) spritz with water (from a high for small dots or lower down for splodges ) shut the folder and press over with your hand or a brayer ... the photos obviously show both the positive and negative sides of the embossing folder

didn't know you could do this ...

Second tip ...
use a strip of ultra strong double sided sticky tape pull off the backing sheet  ... I think you could use any double sided tape and cover with embossing powder and heat ... I have done this before with glitter but like the idea of using embossing powder

Third tip ...
On brown craft card use glue to "paint" an image like a flower or heart or similar and cover with white embossing powder then heat

hope all this makes sense now off to play ... have fun and thank you for stopping by

ps ... just been playing and ... the folder above with the little train really got me  wondering ... I couldn't think what I could do with it as it didn't colour well when I had embossed it ... but when I had used the ink system above it was easier to see "what was what " if you know what I mean ... here is what happened when I coloured in the inked project ...
btw the folder was free with the papercraft essentials magazine this month ... also some super adventure stamps ... hope you had as much fun as I have had if you managed to get them




8 comments:

Wendy L said...

Look fab Sandy, xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Sandy I love what you have created. I will try to watch that show on catch up it must have been so interesting. Thank you for sharing. Have a great evening. Hugs Jackie

Alison59 said...

WOW that looks amazing, well done :-)

Shabneez said...

These look great Sandy! Shabneez x

EmmaT said...

Brilliant use of the embossing folder, the finished result is fabulous. Ive had the problem before of not knowing where to colour on them so inking first is a good idea. Emmax

ALI said...

Thanks for sharing the tips sound really good. Love what you have created x

crafty-stamper said...

Some brilliant ideas there Sandy and fabylous colouring on your beautiful card
Carol x

Viv said...

Brilliant make and ideas here Sandy, thanks for the tips.I have tried doing the E/F's one where you just colour the background and leave the raised embossed pieces white...can't think of the name for it now but I love the look. Warmer here today thanks heavens , yes it's been freezing here too ;) hugs Viv xx