Saturday 28 November 2020

hi there sorry been MIA ...

hi there sorry been MIA ... my dear friends ... 

I have at last finished my christmas cards and was feeling a bit bored so been having a bit of a play. 

I was very disappointed to find that my "Americana Decor chalky paint" was a bit solid and dried up so ... 

I had a go at restoring it and here is how it goes ... sorry cant do a video but have photos to explain the procedure 



2 pots of solid chalk paint 😞


White gesso and Cheapie filler from pound shop 


the finished article just a small tester pot and 
a trial with a stencil 😀

 


wow pretty chuffed with the end product as I thought I may have to throw the paint away ...  and its not not cheap either x


8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Don't you love it when you can restore something especially when they are not cheap=great save,I use that filler as texture paste too.I have never been so organised either all my cards done and posted off last week and just a couple of pressies to buy as Grandaughter just changed her request as in ---I would really love one of these so if I dont get one for Christmas hope I get enough money to buy it myself very subtle Holly lol
Carol x

Jackie T said...

Hi Sandy that is brilliant. Well done. I am not sure if I have finished my Christmas cards. Time will tell. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Wendy L said...

Well rescued, I hate throwing stuff away. Xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Well done brilliant idea Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

Well rescued Sandy :-)

EmmaT said...

Brilliant save and great tip thankyou. Hugs Emmax

ALI said...

Well saved Sandy, I get annoyed when that happens as stuff isn't cheap!

Viv said...

Great idea to do this mix for your paints Sandy! I must remember this now too. Sorry I am late commenting yet again!hugs Viv xx