Thursday 29 November 2018

Happy Anniversary dear hubby

ooo its our wedding anniversary today … 49 years WOW … where did that time go ??

dear hubby surprised me by buying me a new wedding ring in the same style as my old one … I had never taken it off since our wedding day but took it off about a month ago as it didn't really fit and I was scared it would get stuck on my finger.  My dear Mum never took her wedding ring off she said it was bad luck to take it off …

Well we had a trip to a jewellers and found out what my ring size was but couldn't find the same or similar one but actually found out the size I would need.

Anyway I heard the door bell go and then dear hubby crept in and got on his hands and knees in front of me and said "will you marry me" … silly sausage … I was close to tears but didn't actually cry … a little later when we were off to bed I said " did I say yes by the way" lol

here is the ring
my new shiny ring
my old ring that only just fits on my little finger

oh and here is the card I made him … next year is a biggie so I have told him to start planning !!






8 comments:

EmmaT said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sandy. Beautiful new ring. Hope you are enjoying your day. Hugs Emmax

Jackie T said...

Oh Sandy that is so sweet. Happy Anniversary to you both. The card you made for him is gorgeous. It will be a big anniversary next year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Happy Anniversary to you both and wishing you many more happy years ahead. How thoughtful of hubby - brought a tear to my eye let alone yours! Super card. Shabneez x

ALI said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you x
Great card and love the ring x

crafty-stamper said...

Happy anniversary to you both and love the new ring!!!Beautiful card too--it's our 49th too next week
Carol x

Wendy L said...

Beautiful Sandy, lovely card and ring, what an old romantic he is.
I envy anyone who has been married for so long, my first marriage lasted for 20 years before he cheated and broke my heart. xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Happy Anniversary and wonderful card and ring Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Viv said...

Belated Happy Anniversary Sandy!such a beautiful ring and love your amazing card you made too.It's 47 yrs for us and still going strong lol.I lost so much weight this year that my ring keeps falling off. It's my second ring too as the original one was too tight, maybe I will go back to my original one now ;) Viv xx