Saturday 11 August 2018

plain old backgrounds that went kinda wrong ... warning LONG POST :( sorry


Hello my crafty friends …

well here we are on a horrid wet Saturday afternoon … so I am going to have a play

I watches Julia from Creative expressions last night and she was making backgrounds … So I decided to have a play …

So if you want to waste an afternoon like I just did or actually your project may turn out better than mine …

My background did actually have a use tho … I just used it as a cover for a bound craft book and turned it into a Christmas book … very chuffed with it even if it didn't turn out how I wanted it too

come and have a look at my work in progress … I took photos of the whole process



You start with some ink and glycerine and a scrunched up plastic bag
Place "sticky notes" all over your page where you want white space 
then use the bag and ink to ink over the page

As you can see when you remove the sticky note you have white space
which you can stamp into

and a red one


my Christmas book
front cover 


inside first page

and a green one




Just a plain old pixie powder one

thank you for stopping by and if you want to watch Julia from creative expressions do it properly without my shortcuts you can watch her on rewind on Hotchanda at 8pm on Friday 10th August


8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Your backgrounds look brilliant and looks like a great technique too
Carol x

Wendy L said...

I think they look great Sandy. I wish I had seen it. They would also make great Junk Journal pages.
Great idea using it for a Christmas journal, I think I will incorporate a few pages in my journal for Christmas ideas, xxxx

ALI said...

They look OK to me Sandy, great on the book x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Amazing creations Sandy.
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

EmmaT said...

Fabulous, love the idea of the christmas book, might just have to start one. Emmax

Jackie T said...

Hi Sandy I love what you have created. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Great creations Sandy - sounds like you had fun trying something new. Shabneez x

Viv said...

Looks as if you had a great time playing here Sandy. Some lovely backgrounds there and the card looks fab too, well done again ;)hugs Viv xx