Monday 10 May 2021

Hello my crafty friends a few little cards

Hello my crafty friends a few little cards 

sorry been missing again ... having a few problems with dear Mother-in-law ... she only lives round the corner in a McCarthy Stone property ... she is 97 in July but I'm afraid she is going downhill (memory wise ) pretty quick and keeps falling over she has been told by us not to go out ... I took her to a "falls" clinic last week and they recommended all sorts of help ... but unfortunately when the lady from the departments phoned to ask her a few questions she said she was fine she was not disabled and did not need any help ... I did ask that they phone me but ... !!! ooooooo so frus ... she has an alarm that she is supposed to wear round her neck (which is always hanging on the drawer in the bedroom A lot of help for the drawer !!) and we have given her a book to record things in and leave on the sofa next to her ( always put away in the drawer) 


ooo sorry ... rant over and anyway that is my excuse for being abscent ... 

so I came to my happy place to make some cards phew !! 

birthday card for mother in law in July


birthday card for brother in law 


new home card for my nephew




thank you for calling and hope to get back to you if you can leave a message 


5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sandy your cards are gorgeous. I love the one you sent me for my birthday. I can understand your frustration. It is very common for older people not to ask for help even when it is offered and needed. This happened with my parents. I hope you have a better week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful set of cards. Sorry to hear about your MIL. Hugs Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous set of cards. Our personal alarm system now does wrist wraps instead of the pendants which are more wearable and practical - but then you still need to convince her to wear it - very difficult indeed. Sending you lots of hugs. Emmax

ALI said...

oh dear so independent aren't they. At least you can relax in your happy place making these beautiful cards. x

Viv said...

Gorgeous cards again Sandy, so sorry about your MIL too...must be such a worry for you all, hugs Viv xx